International Journal of Advanced Multidisciplinary Research and Studies
Volume 3, Issue 2, 2023
Eucalyptus Wood from Congo's Industrial Plantations is a Promising Raw Material for the Production of Paper Pulp
Author(s): Ewossaka Arsene, Ekoungoulou Romeo, Douh Chauvelin, Pazukhina Galina Aleksandrovna, Ngoya-Kessy Alain Marius
Scientific Novelty and Innovation: the chemical composition, physical properties and structure by analogy of the wood of the core and duramen (heart or central wood) and the wood as a whole are determined at three (3) levels, depending on the height of the trunk of Eucalyptus at the age of 6 years, grown in plantations in the Republic of Congo, have revealed and demonstrated.
Practical Value: It has been shown that for the production of cellulose from soda ash (NaOH), wood can be used along the entire trunk of Eucalyptus at the age of 6 years. The technological regimes of baking with soda have been refined and developed. This wood, impregnated in the aqueous medium and in the system of isobutyl alcohol – water, including in the presence of anthraquinone. A reliable and economically feasible ecological principle for the production of cellulose soda from Eucalyptus wood in the isobutyl alcohol – water system has been proposed. The possibility of anthraquinone regeneration (up to 60%) when using the Water - Isobutyl Alcohol system for soda cooking has been established.
Purpose and Objectives of the Study: The objective of the study is to study the characteristics of the delignification of young plantation wood by various soda-based cooking modifications and the development of scientific and environmentally sound technology for cellulose production.
In line with this, the objectives of the research included:
- The study of the anatomical structure, physical properties and chemical composition of Eucalyptus wood seedlings.
- Clarification (choice of diet or mode) of the method of cooking soda the soda of the young Eucalyptus wood.
- Development (research and development of the soda cooking regime) of the cooking method of soda in the iso butyl alcohol-water system.
- Establishment (implementation) of the delignification process of Eucalyptus wood during the use of various soda firing modifications.
- Explore the possibility of reusing isobutylic alcohol and anthraquinone in the soda cooking of Eucalyptus wood.
- Characteristics of the properties and components composing and forming the paper pulp derived from Eucalyptus wood from baking soda.
- Development of a technological master scheme for the production of cellulose to soda from Eucalyptus wood in the isobutyl alcohol - Water system.
- Technical and economic evaluation of the method of producing cellulose from Eucalyptus wood cooked or treated in the isobutyl alcohol - Water system.
This work is presented and illustrated on 3 figures, 2 tables and 22 literature references.
Keywords: Delignification, Wood, Anthraquinone, Yield, Black Liquor, Regim
Download Full Article: Click Here